Controls I - Virtual - October 2022
This course is an introduction to control basics.
By the end of the course, class participants should be able to:
- Understand building management systems and its interaction with HVAC equipment
- Diagnose high level issues through graphics and trending
- Understand basic sequence of operations
- Understand lighting controls
- Better communicate with controls contractors.
- Understand how design standards and commissioning play a role
The overall goal of this 3 level course is to provide the student with a general understanding of controls and their association with HVAC equipment, troubleshooting, energy usage, and general building operation. There will be hands-on individual and team exercises in manipulating graphics, analyzing data, logic programming and basic functional testing. This course is built to simplify the world of controls and give confidence to the students to talk the language.